- Yoga- I have been doing yoga everyday for about a month now. I tried doing it at other times a day, but I found that for me doing it in the morning was best. I do it for about twenty minutes or 5 if I have a particularly busy morning. It helped with my stress levels and also helps me wake up in the morning so I’m more productive through the day.
- Workout- Exercising helps with a number of things including stress. Even working out for five or ten minutes can make a huge difference in your day.
- Treat yourself- Taking a day or a few hours to do things like do a face mask, read a book in the tub, or chill out on the couch and watch a movie is a great idea. Most the of the time we’re running around trying to get things done and we forget to take time to relax.
- Breath- This one may seem obvious, but taking a deep breath at a moment when you feel extra stressed can be one of the most helpful things.
- Make time to do things you enjoy- Finding time to do things can be really difficult. Often times we get caught up in work or just daily task that we don’t leave room to enjoy. I know it can be difficult, but try making time in your day to do things you enjoy, even if it’s something small.
Of course what helps one person reduce stress may not work for everyone, but here are a few things that help me. Since school started back recently and stress levels are high I thought that it would be a good time for this post. Hope this helps:)