I’ve been trying to grow my hair out for awhile now, but I wanted to keep it healthy looking even as it grew longer. I did a lot of research, had lots of trial and error, so here are the best tips I’ve found for having healthy hair:
- Use conditioner every time you wash your hair
- Brush your hair from the bottom up to reduce chance of breakage
- Get your hair trimmed often, this will remove split ends and damaged hair. Cutting your hair often does not make it grow faster, but it will make it appear thicker and healthier.
- Rinse your hair with cold water at the end of each shows to close the cuticle and seal in moisture
- Avoid heat tools as much as possible
- Make sure you eat enough protein like nuts, eggs, etc
- Don’t shampoo your hair daily; try to only shampoo your hair two to three times a week
- Avoid stress! Stress causes your hair to fall out and is just not good for you in general
- If you use dry shampoo, hair spray, or anything like that make sure to wash your that day or the next day; leaving it in can lead to dandruff and unhealthy hair.
Hoped this helped you out and if you have any tips please leave a comment. Thank you for reading x