Christmas is over:( I had so much fun and it was great getting to see my brother and spend time with family. This post is a little late, but I wanted to be with my family as much as possible before my brother had to leave. You can se…
I always take forever to figure out what I want to get people. Everyone in my family is very picky, so it can be difficult getting everyone something they’ll like. I try to go for things I think they will use. My budget is pretty small this year as I’m about to start college, so everything is under $25. This gif…
Their is a giveaway at the end of this post.
Buying Christmas gifts can be very expensive, so to save a bit of money I like to make some DIY gifts. I also really like how much you can personalize gifts when you make them yourself.
All you need for this one is rocks and paint. I couldn’t find any rocks that would work for this around where I live, so I bought some from Michael’s. You can be as creative as you want with these and personalize them for the person you’re giving them to. I’m using these as paperweights, so I just used acrylic pa…
I found these tags at Micheal’s, but found them a bit plain. I wanted to decorate them, but didn’t have to much time, so I went through my craft supplies and ended up using tape I had for most of them and some glitter for a fe…
Every year when October rolls around I come up with so many ideas for what costume I should wear and I can’t decide, so I end up throwing something together last minute.
Makeup- Heavy eyeshadow, lots of mascara, paired with a matte lip.
Outfit- I used a scarf from H&M and tied it to make a top. I paired it with boots from Rue21 and a black skirt. For accessories I wore a necklace made from coins, a double stud earring with a cuff from hot topic, and a silver hoop earring.
Makeup- I went for a natural look. A bit of foundation to even out my skin and a pink lip.
Outfit- I bought a unicorn horn off Amazon, but you can purchase one almost anywhere. I wore a white dress, a chocker that my grandma Linda gave me and candles. If you live somewhere cold a white jacket and jeans look just as cute.
The Night: This is the easiest costume, but be prepared to answer the question what are you dressed as the whole night.
Makeup- Smokey eye, black lip, and anti highlight.
Outfit- Just wear all black. I wore black leggings, a hoodie, and paired it with a pair of black boots.
Carving pumpkins has always been a big deal in my family. The older my siblings and I became the more intricate the designs became. Unfortunately I am allergic to pumpkins. As of early last year all my siblings have moved out, leaving no one to carve pumpkins, so I needed a new idea. I decided to do no-carve pumpkins; it was a way to still decorate pumpkins without it ending with hives. I basically just paint and glue stuff to pumpkins instead of carving them. I did this last year and I really liked how they turned out, so I decided to do it again this year.
The Confetti Pumpkin:
- White Paint
- Glue or Mod Podge
- A Pumpkin
- I painted all the pumpkins I bought white and let them dry overnight. It took two coats of paint.
- Glue the confetti to the pumpkin. Their is no real technique for this, but I found doing one layer, waiting for it to dry, then doing another layer of confetti worked the best.
- Glitter (two different colors)
- Hot Glue Gun
- White Paint
- Black Acrylic Paint or Black Paint Marker
- Foam sheets, the color doesn’t matter
- Pink Jewels (optional)
- Paint your pumpkin white
2. Cut four triangles out of the foam sheets. Two big and two small, the size of them should depend on the size of your pumpkin. You will also need to cut out this weird sort of triangle shape from paper; it will be the horn.
3. Cover the ears and horn in glitter. I made the big triangles gold and the smaller ones silver.
4. Once dry, glue the triangles together. Roll the horn and glue it using the hot glue.
5. Using hot glue attach the horn and ears to your pumpkin.
6. Using black paint or a paint marker, paint the eyes and mouth.
7. This step is optional, but I took some pink jewels and glued them on to give my unicorn rosie cheeks.
Melting Silver Pumpkin:
All you need for this one is white paint, metallic paint, and a paint brush. Then just take your metallic paint and drip it down the sides of your pumpkin. Use the brush to paint the top of your pumpkin. This one is definitely the easiest.
I hope you liked this post and happy halloween x
This is most of what I got for Christmas. I will leave links to everything I can, but as they are gift I’m not sure where everything is from. I hope you had a great holiday.
In a few days it will be 2017, which means it’s the time of year to create resolutions that are usually broken within a few days of making them. This year I have decided to compile a list of things I would like to do and as long as I at least attempt to do everything on the list I will consider it a success. So without further ado here is my 2017 list:
- Start working out again
- Get out more
- Try to come out of your shell a bit. People and just the world in general can be scary, but life is more fun when you stop hiding.
- Do more of the things that make me happy. Even when things get hectic!
- Reach 100 followers on my blog
- Graduate high school. Almost there!
- Try new things
- Post more often
- Learn to play an instrument well. Meaning strumming two cords out of tune doesn’t count.
- Spend more time with family and friend’s
- Try to be less negative. Smile:)
These are most of the things I wanna try to do in 2017. I’m sure I’ll find more things that I want to do and accomplish in 2017, but for now this is it. Hopefully this year I stick to my resolutions, of course only time will tell. If you have any resolutions I wish you the best of luck with them and Happy New Year!
For these two I wrapped them in brown wrapping paper than used white spray paint to give them a design. Once they dried I decorated them with twine, raffia, little silver balls, and chalkboard labels.
I saw this idea and immediately fell in love with it. Using chalkboard paper or a solid colored paper that you can write on, wrap the present, then use the paper as the card. Simple, but really cute! After that I finished it off with some twine and a candy cane.
For the last one I took some old fabric I had laying around and tore along the side of it to create ribbon. Of course you can also buy ribbon, but if you have some extra fabric laying around it can be a good way to save a little bit of money.
Hope you like the post and happy holidays!🎄