So recently I binged watched a ton of YouTube videos and discovered lip scrubs. I honestly have no idea how I’ve never heard of them before. After I found out about them I started trying different recipes, altered them slightly to my preference, and ended up with too that I really like.
1 1/2 tsp Brown sugar
1 tsp Coconut oil or olive oil
2 drops of honey (optional)I used way to much honey in the batch I made for the pictures, but on the bright side the pictures turned out pretty.
Take all your ingredients and mix them together; once everything is well mixed put your mixture into a small container and you have lip scrub.
1 1/2 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Coconut oil
1 drop of lemon essential oil
Mix everything together, put your mixture into a container, and your done.
Their was a really cute bunny in my backyard while I was taking photos for this post!
Hope you like this post x
School is about to start:( Their are great things about back to school like seeing friends and of course stationary! Here are three DIY notebooks
- Makeup sponge
- Sealant if your notebook has a glossy finish
- (Optional) Masking tape
1. Start off by packing your stencil where you want it it tape it down with masking tape.
2. Use a makeup sponge or paint brushy to dab paint on to the stencil and then take the stencil off. If you want a cleaner look lightly dab and do thin layers of paint. If you want the paint to bleed hold the sponge down for longer and only do one coat.
3. Add little jewels and your done
- Scrapbook paper
- Glue (I used hot glue, but elmers glue will work as well)
Instructions: This one is probably the easiest. Just take some scrapbook paper, cut it to size, and glue it down.
- Cross stitch thread and needle
1. Paint your notebook whatever color you want and then once it’s dry seal it2. Their are actually two ways you can do this next step. 1- print out the picture provided, tape it to your notebook, and using a needle poke a hole anywhere their is a dot.
2- Using a pencil lightly draw a pineapple on your notebook and put a dot where your going to go through with the tread3. Then thread your needle and create your design. When I did the outline of the pineapple I went around twice and did every other one. Their isn’t any pacific way you have to do this, as long as it looks like a pineapple you should be good.
4. Lastly I took a black paint marker and wrote hello.
This one reminds me so much of summer and is my favorite out of these three notebooks.
Hope you liked this post x
What you’ll need:
- Yarn, ribbon, or clasp
- (Optional) jewelry tools, this will make it easier, but you can just use scissors
Step 1- Measure around your second toe to where you want the chain to connect to the charm and cut the chain to that length. If your making two use the first one as a guide to make sure their the same length.
Step 2- Open the ring on your charm and connect the chain.
Step 3- I cut two pieces of chain for each one and decided how many times I wanted the chain to wrap around my ankle.
Step 4- Open the other side of your charm and connect the chains.
Step 5- Cut a piece of yarn and thread in through the chain, you can also use clasp if you have them, and your done.
What you’ll need:
- yarn or string
Step 1- Step one is the same, measure around your toe to where you want the charm to connect. I’m using an old necklace chain for this one, so I’m also taking off the clasp before I start
Step 2- Connect the chain to the bottom of the charm
Step 3- Cut two pieces of chain to fit around your ankle
Step 4- Connect the chain to the other side of the charm
Step 5- Attach the clasp
Step 6- Cut two pieces of yarn or string to wrap around your ankle. Attach the yarn or string to the charm and your are finished. I also put a bit of hot glue on the nots to make sure they wouldn’t come loss or fray
Hope you found this helpful and have a great summer! x
White henna is a new trend; it looks a lot like regular henna, but since it doesn’t have henna leaves it doesn’t stain your skin. If you purchase white henna it usually last three to ten days, this can be washed off, but its perfect for sleepovers and photoshoots. I also know a lot of schools don’t allow henna, so this is something you can have for the weekend and get rid of before school. This is not actual henna paste, it’s just a fun cheap way to get a similar look.
What you’ll need:
- Body or face paint
- Elmers glue
- Corn Starch(optional)
- Mix equal parts paint and glue together
- Once mixed pour into baggie and cut a really small hole in the baggie(you can also use a needle to poke a hole in the corner of the bag before you pour the mixture into the baggie)
- Start your design, google and Pinterest are great places to look for inspiration
- Once you have your design sprinkle a little glitter over it. This does dry quite quickly, so I recommend putting the glitter on a you go
- Once your finished dust some corn starch over your design to help it stay a little better.
If you have henna bottles I would recommend using that to create your design, I used a baggie to create this one. This will wash off and even though everything is non-toxic I wouldn’t recommend putting this on your face.
Hope you liked this post ❤ Please leave a comment down below if you try this!
Things you’ll need:
- Small container
- 2 tab Coconut oil
- 1 tab Almond oil
- 1 bag Green tea
- Double boiler(a glass bowl and a pot)
- Create a double boiler and place the coconut oil and almond oil in the bowl.
- Once the coconut oil has melted cut the tea bag open and pour in the contents. I like to use lose tea and I add one spoon of it.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes and then let cool
- Once cool strain the mixture to remove the tea leaves and then pour into a container
- Keep in the fridge and the mixture is good for two weeks.
Green Tea Benefits: Green tea has anti-aging and antioxidant benefits that can help delay signs of skin aging, such as sun damage, age spots, fine lines and wrinkles. The green tea will also help reduce puffiness and dark circles around your eyes.
Coconut Oil Benefits: Coconut oil deeply hydrates your skin and prevents pre mature wrinkling and aging. It also has a lot of vitamin E which is great for your skin.
Almond Oil Benefits: With regular use almond oil will lighten the skin under your eyes, reducing the appearance of dark circles. It is also high in vitamin A which can help with acne and vitamin E which will rejuvenate your skin.
I like making a lot of my skin care products and this is one of my favorite recipes. A lot of good eye creams tend to be more on the expensive side, this cost a lot less and you know exactly what’s going in it.
Hope you found this helpful ❤